Every year Dubai hosts a conference on the business of luxury, the arab luxury world. The aim of the two-day conference is to bring together professionals of the luxury industry under one roof. With more than 50 sessions, 80 panelists and 600 participants spanning two days, arab luxury world’s mission is to encourage conversation: to allow people to openly exchange, interact and learn from each other. The next edition of arab luxury world will take place on May 8 – 9, 2018 in Dubai, UAE. The conference oorganizes global writing competition, seeking papers on the future of luxury written by students from around the world.
The whole luxury and fashion industry is at the crossroads of consumers, products, brands and markets. What is shaping the “new” consumers and what are they expecting from luxury brands? What is the new definition of luxury consumption? What do brands need to change to adapt to this new reality? The 2018 conference looks into this impact. We invite students from Europe, Middle East, Asia and America to share their views on the “new” challenges facing the luxury and fashion industry in defining the new product, the new ways of communications, the new luxury and the new consumers as well as their behaviour.
Students entering the competition can choose any of the following topics:
• The millennial luxury retail customer journey and the required experience
• Transitioning from old to new or playing on both boomers and millennials – the challenges and strategies needed to survive
• The new luxury consumer and the products and brands that will emerge as winners
• The future of luxury retail in the era of digital, new retail concept stores and the importance of experience over things
• The rise of sustainability and opportunities for targeting millennials ith new luxury brands and overhaul of old business model
• From jumping the tech curve to becoming world leaders in mobile usage and payment gateways, what impact does that have on the luxury market and what can the world learn from China?
The papers were evaluated by a jury of professors and industry experts. Five (5) chosen finalists were flown to Dubai along with one faculty member from the selected school to participate in the final round of the competition. The final round took place on May 9. Each of the finalists presented his/her research to the jury. The winner was announced on May 9. Travel and accommodation costs for the student and professor will be taken care by the conference organizers.
We invite students from Europe, Middle East, Asia, and America to share their views of what the future of luxury looks like, focusing on the business of luxury, design, and fashion.
Rabeh Bin Zidan el-sayed – International University of Monaco
|Alice Signori||Columbia Business School||USA|
|Augustina Leung & Branwen Bindra||SCAD||Hong Kong|
|Brittany Ng and Celine Tarrant||Columbia Business School||USA|
|Elena Dalby||London College of Fashion, University of the Arts London||UK|
|Estelle Nigioni||International University of Monaco||Monaco|
|Filippo Boschero,Carlos Papamija, Ramona Ghica,Andrea Salazar||ESCP Europe Business School||France|
|Jeng Yiu Chan||SCAD||China|
|Jieun HEO||ESSEC Business school||France|
|Rabeh Zidan||International University of Monaco||Monaco|
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE BROCHURE